Tuesday, July 19, 2005

Though its been a while...

I can still feel so much pain
Like the knife it cuts you, the wound heals
But the scar.. that scar remains....

So maybe the fact that I haven't posted anything in a while is not that dramatic. But I'll take every possible excuse out there just so I can make a Poison reference.

Speaking of Poison? When did it turn into 1989? New York Radio.. in its entirety sucks. And by this I mean- the only thing on the radio these days is Motley Crue and Guns N Roses. And I don't mean rare stuff like G n R's cover of Sympathy for the Devil from the Interview with The Vampire Soundtrack. No, I mean Sweet Child and Dr. Feelgood over and over and over again. K-Rock has gone to hell. K-Rock was pretty shit to begin with, mind you, but now it just sucks.

Meanwhile my buddy Chet is discovering Guns N Roses for the first time at the ripe old date of July, 2005. This is the same kid who gives you shit if you suddenly discover that a 3 year old Modest Mouse song is not that abrassive but is actually quite good. So whats up with that?

But this whole thing (semi-rant) started with the Poison quote at the top which was referring to me not posting much to my fisher price blog that often.

The truth is I've been quite busy. The Evergreen Manor is in the midst of serious construction (those interested can see the now porch less house in my flickr pics). So I've been running up there on the weekends to make sure alls going well. For a while I was getting out of work a bit late but thats come down a bit. I think volume (and I will speak in very generic terms here for risk of saying something that HR wouldnt approve of and putting myself at the risk of termination).. so volume (in whatever it is I do, or enable others to do) has been down a bit. So I've been getting out of work a bit earlier than usual. But getting out of work early does not lend itself to being a good excuse as to why I haven't posted to this in a while.

But ah yess... flakey internet access. My cable modem was on the skids for most of June. So that is a valid reason as to why I haven't posted. When something is on the "skids" is it on the "skids", cause I thought it was on the "skitz" But then Neil Young told me that Mothergoose was on the "skids".. so I think that may be the proper spelling.

Secondly, I've been spending a great deal of my internet time on the online dating boards. You see its summer and when flowers are blooming I get very very horny and very very apprehensive of the coming winter. Wouldn't I like to meet my mate this summer and not spend another New York autumn in love with Mary Palmer and her five sisters? Really summer just represents the passing of time to me.. Cause I still have that student mentality.. Summer divides the years - not New Years Day. So I've been macking those boards hard. My "pimp" photo is currently in heavy net rotation. (again refer to Flickr)

That seems like enough babbling for now. I will definitely make a more concerted effort to post things here.. I feel a bit like Andy Rooney on this blog.. "Why do all houses have bathtubs? Who actually uses a bath tub? Do people actually feel clean after soaking in a pool of their own filth? Why don't houses just have showers?" You get the drift.

1 Comments:

Blogger Jeff'y said...

Your kid is going to love your blog someday.

9:53 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home